Product code: 335
UNI ASPHALTUM GUM is a carefully balanced emulsion containing hydrophilic gum and asphaltum. When applying asphaltum gum onto the surface of the plate, it simultaneously makes the non-image areas hydrophilic and the image areas more hydrophobic (ink receptive).
- Can be used for short or long term storage
- Protects plates from oxidation
- Extends the life of reusable storage plates
- Excellent desensitizer for background of the plates
- Easily removed for clean and fast start-ups, thus reducing costly paper and time waste
To prepare the plate for storage, remove all excess ink with suitable solvent and apply UNI ASPHALTUM GUM with a sponge, buff the plate lightly and dry the plate before storing. When the storage plate is to be reused, wet the surface of the plate with a wet sponge, or apply dampening rollers directly on the press. In some cases of plate blinding, application of asphaltum gum can recover ink receptive properties of image areas.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.